Monday, April 15, 2013

Let's All Go to the Movies, Part 2: Return of the Reel

After my adventure making a movie poster for How to Steal A Million, my mind wandered from classic movies to cult classics. Ladies and gentlemen; Firefly.

I have always loved every poster series from Quantum Mechanix and wanted to create on of my own. And to be honest, I have no idea what inspired it, but these doodles popped up in my sketchbook for a movie style poster for the episode "Objects In Space".


As is my style, I jumped into the final piece without much planning and would become frozen constantly when faced with how to exactly create what was in my head. Never the less, I soldiered on! Well, half soldiered on. It is till a work in progress, but I will share what I have thus far. You're welcome. (please excuse the poor quality photo)


With the other posters, I decided to do a little more planning. So instead of jumping from rough thumbnail to finished piece, I started making more detailed concept sketches. We have "Our Mrs. Reynolds", "Trash", and my personal favorite "Ariel".


Anyone that gets the references in all the posters gets a cookie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment